desde 80 €
963 912 487
Prices are tax included
Yes, since 1950 we have been open on Calle Bolseria, 23, a traditional physical store located in the heart of Valencia, next to the central market and the Carmen neighborhood.
Easy parking in the parking lot of the central market, two minutes from the store
Yes, we open every Saturday of the year, not holidays, the opening hours of the store are in the morning from 09:00 to 14:00, in the afternoon it will remain closed
We have a workshop sharpening for cutting tools (kitchen knives, razors, etc.)
To sharpen your knives correctly, it is recommended to use a whetstone. Place the knife at a 20 degree angle on the stone and move the edge back and forth, maintaining constant pressure.
- Repeat the process on both sides of the cutting edge until it is sharp.
- If you are not sure how to do it, ask us, we are happy to help you!
The choice of knife will depend on the use you want to give it.
- If you want it for general kitchen use, we recommend a chef's knife.
- If you need to cut bread, choose a bread knife.
- If you need a knife to cut meat, a steak knife is a good choice.
In our store we have a wide variety of knives of different types and sizes, so do not hesitate to ask us if you need help choosing the right one.
To care for your knives, we recommend hand washing them with soap and water and drying them completely before storing.
- Do not leave them soaking and avoid putting them in the dishwasher, as this can damage the edge.
- In addition, it is important to store your knives in a safe and protected place to avoid damage.
Of course! We are happy to sharpen your knives for you.
Bring your knives to our store and we will sharpen them for you in no time.
A stainless steel knife is resistant to rust and does not require as much maintenance as a carbon steel knife, although it can be more difficult to sharpen.
- Carbon steel knives, on the other hand, are easier to sharpen and may be sharper, but require more maintenance to prevent rust.
- Ultimately, the choice will depend on your personal preferences and the use you are going to give the knife.
The size of the knife you need will depend on your hand and the use you want to give it. If you have a small hand, a smaller knife will be easier to handle.
- If you need a large meat knife, a larger knife will be necessary.
- We recommend that you come to our store to try different sizes and determine which one is best for you.
Damascus steel is a steel alloy that is produced by combining different types of steel to create a unique pattern on the knife blade.
- This pattern is not only aesthetically appealing, but can also help reduce friction when cutting, making Damascus steel knives highly valued.
The right handle will depend on your personal preference and how comfortable it is.
- Wooden handles can be warmer and more comfortable in the hand, while plastic or rubber handles can be more durable and waterproof.
- We recommend that you try different types of mangoes to determine which one is best for you.
If your knife doesn't cut as easily as it used to, or if you have to apply more pressure to cut, it probably needs sharpening.
- You can also check the sharpness of the knife by running your finger (very carefully) across the blade.
- If you feel a rough or jagged surface, it probably needs to be sharpened.