The Gyuto 180mm model from the Zanmai Classic Damascus series, is an Asian blade knife with a fine and thin spine, it is hand-sharpened by expert oriental masters which ensures a cutting performance similar to laser.
The Gyuto 180mm model from the Zanmai Classic Damascus series, is a knife with an Asian blade with a fine and thin spine, it is sharpened by hand by expert oriental masters which ensures a cutting performance similar to that of a laser.
The blade is a full tang, with 33 layers of Damascus steel, sitting on a VG-10 steel core which provides superior edge retention and durability.
Its beautiful white handle is made of Corian®, a highly durable, hygienic blend of natural minerals and white acrylic. The bottom cap of the handle is made of mirror-polished stainless steel with Zanmai engraving.
Compared to other high-end series, the spine of this knife is not rounded, but you can appreciate the fit and finishes throughout the knife.
Mirror polished blade finish, in summary, a very good kitchen knife comparable to other brands with a higher price, but not of higher quality.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MCUSTA ZANMAI CLASSIC DAMASCUS GYUTO KNIFE 180MM
- Manufacturer: Mcusta Zamnai, Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Model: Gyuto Classic Damascus 180mm
- Model reference: HKC-3004D
- Construction type: San Mai
- Blade edge: Double-edged blade (50/50)
- Sharpening: Hand sharpening
- Hardness: 60HRC
- Steel: VG10 steel core with 33 layers of Damascus steel
- Blade length: 180mm
- Blade height (at the heel): 29 mm
- Blade thickness above the heel: 2.1 mm, Middle: 2.0 mm
- Handle: white Corian®
- Reinforcement: Stainless steel
- Handle length: 105mm
- Total length: 210mm
- Weight: 97gr
- Presentation: Case